19 March – 29 April 2014, Various Locations
Future City 2014 was a multimedia celebration of digital art in its many forms; interventions in the public spaces of The Quays that offered a trip outside of space and time with artworks that reached beyond the borders of the location through light, sound, the web and mapping.
From kinetic installations to large-scale laser projections, and video art to illuminated sculpture, Future City 2014 opened a window for audiences to peer into the future, exploring The Quays and the many locations it encapsulates along its waterfront.
Drawing on the very best in contemporary UK talent working today, artists included:
- Chorus – Ray Lee
- Decorative Newsfeeds – Thompson & Craighead
- 0*00 Navigation – Simon Faithfull
- Vanishing Boundaries – Liz West
- Presented by Quays Culture
- Funded by Arts Council England, AGMA and University of Salford
- Supported by The Quays, Visit Salford, The Lowry and Manchester History Festival
- Event photos: Nathan Cox