18 Dec 2014 – 7 Jan 2015, The Lowry Plaza
An immersive light-based installation of over 12,000 individual LEDs responding to people’s interactions and the effects of the wind.
A beacon in the bleak midwinter attracting over 500,000 visits over the course of its three week run, this new commission from international artists Squidsoup has gone on to be shown in Mexico, Australia and New Zealand; was a finalist for the Lumen Prize 2015, and included in the Lumen Prize Global Tour 2015 / 16
Aeolian Light featured specially commissioned pop-up dance performances from Company Chameleon.
Artist Talk Audio
- Presented by Quays Culture and Squidsoup
- Featuring performances from Company Chameleon
- Funded by University of Salford, Arts Council England and AGMA
- Supported by The Quays and The Lowry
- Photos: Joel Chester Fildes